Special Saturdays Coordinator/Facilitator
Special Saturdays is a program for kids grades K-12 with diagnosed developmental or physical special needs. The program provides fun activities for the kids and a break for parents. This contracted position is a 40 to 50 hour commitment per year. Candidates should have a passion for working with special needs children and have experience in the special needs field. Strong candidates are encouraged to apply if the majority of required qualifications are met. This is a contracted position. Applicants must submit a resume to email@example.com or 3540 Orange Street, Los Alamos, NM 87544.
- 2+years experience working with special needs children
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Program development experience
- Event coordination experience
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on Special Needs or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of Special Needs issues specific to Los Alamos and surrounding communities
Childcare providers will care for children during parent support programs. These programs are typically held on evenings during the week and occasional Saturdays. Candidates should have experience working with and enjoy being around children. FSN offers a competitive hourly rate. Applicants must submit a resume or letter detailing childcare experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or 3540 Orange Street, Los Alamos, NM 87544.